If you or someone you care about has come out as LGBTQIA+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual or other queer identity) PFLAG Sandy Springs support, discussion, and education meetings are here for you!
WHAT TO EXPECT AT A SUPPORT GROUP MEETING
- Warm welcome, presentation of group guidelines, and brief introductions
- Facilitated discussion based on the needs of attendees
- Wrap up and announcements
You may participate in the discussion or just observe, whatever you feel comfortable doing.
PFLAG Sandy Springs holds two evening support meetings monthly:
- General Support the first Tuesday of every month from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., with separate groups for LGBTQ+ teens and teen allies, for LGBTQ+ adults, and for parents and adult allies.
- African American Discussion Group the fourth Tuesday of every month from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., with separate groups for LGBTQ+ teens and teen allies, for LGBTQ+ adults, and for parents and adult allies.
To ensure that our group members remain safe and healthy, we are holding all support groups virtually on Zoom until further notice. When we do hold support groups in-person, we meet at Congregation B’nai Torah : 700 Mount Vernon Hwy, Sandy Springs, GA 30328. We meet in the community room.
Who we serve
- LGBTQ+ teens and their teen friends/allies age 13 – high school graduation
- Adult parents and allies for parents, families, and friends of LGBTQ+ individuals
- Adult LGBTQ+ individuals 18 and older
We’d love to have you at our next support group! Fill out our contact form to get started.