If you or someone you care about has come out as LGBTQIA+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual or other queer identity) PFLAG Sandy Springs support, discussion, and education meetings are here for you!
WHAT TO EXPECT AT A SUPPORT GROUP MEETING
- Warm welcome, presentation of group guidelines, and brief introductions
- Facilitated discussion based on the needs of attendees
- Wrap up and announcements
You may participate in the discussion or just observe, whatever you feel comfortable doing.
PFLAG Sandy Springs holds General Support the first Tuesday of every month from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., with two separate groups:
- LGBTQ+ adults
- Parents, Friends and Family
We meet in the community rooms at Congregation B’nai Torah, 700 Mount Vernon Hwy, Sandy Springs, GA 30328. Masks are presently required for COVID safety.
Who we serve
- Friends and Family for parents, families, and friends of LGBTQ+ individuals
- Adult LGBTQ+ individuals 18 and older
PFLAG Connects: Communities — PFLAG National seeks to connect people with shared experiences each month in virtual support meetings. The Zoom meetings gather people of Latino, Black/African-American, and Asian-American & Pacific Islander backgrounds to connect in a safe online environment so that you can ask questions and receive support from others who have been through similar experiences. See if one of these communities is right for you:
Black/African American Community
Latino Community / Comunidad Latina